Why Do I Need an Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer?
Our law firm can handle your injury claim and get you full compensation
For more than 27 years, Gary Martin Hays & Associates has helped thousands of car accident victims obtain justice. We understand that making the decision to contact a lawyer can be a stressful experience.
Chances are you’re injured or dealing with property damage. You may think your insurance company will take care of your financial issue so you can focus on your recovery. Do you really think the insurance company has your best interests at heart? Oftentimes, the accident itself may only be the beginning of a complex legal process.
In this video, lawyer Gary Martin Hays shares three key reasons to hire a lawyer after a car accident. Gary also provides secrets the insurance company doesn’t want you to know.
How can an Atlanta car accident attorney help me?
Knowing whether you need to hire a lawyer after a car accident can be confusing and overwhelming. Even if you think your claim is straightforward, the insurance company may question the extent of your injuries, say you were partially to blame for the accident, or argue the whole accident was your fault and deny your claim outright.
Generally speaking, if you were injured in a car accident caused by someone else, an experienced car accident attorney can:
- Launch a comprehensive investigation into your car accident
- Gather and preserve evidence to support your claim
- Analyze the official police accident report
- Seek out and interview eyewitnesses
- Obtain video of your crash if it was captured on security cameras
- Consult with accident-reconstruction experts
- Ensure that you receive appropriate medical care
- Handle your claim with the insurance company
- Negotiate with the insurance company for a fair settlement
- File a lawsuit and represent you in court, if necessary
A car accident attorney will also be able to accurately tally up the cost of all your accident-related expenses and may be able to help you recover compensation for:
- Your current and future medical expenses
- Lost wages from missed time at work
- Loss of earning capacity
- Replacement services (e.g., childcare, housekeeping, etc.)
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (in certain cases only)
- Wrongful death (if you are the family member of someone who died in a fatal car accident due to negligence)
Hiring a lawyer can dramatically affect your chances of recovering compensation for an accident.
We understand you may be feeling overwhelmed. You may be facing confusing paperwork. You may be wondering how to deal with the insurance companies. You don’t have to try to figure it out all on your own.
We can handle the details for you. We know what is required to protect the legal rights of injury victims. If necessary, we can file a lawsuit in the appropriate Georgia court to collect the benefits you deserve.
One of the best ways to find out if you need a car accident lawyer to help with your claim is to let an attorney review the details of your case during a free consultation.
At Gary Martin Hays & Associates, we not only offer free consultations, we offer a Zero Fee Guarantee. That means if we take your case and don’t make a financial recovery, you don’t owe us anything. It’s that easy.