Our attorneys demand justice for injury victims
Truck accidents in Georgia often result in serious injuries. And one of the most serious types of truck accidents we deal with at our law firm involves smaller vehicles becoming trapped underneath the trailer part of a tractor-trailer.
These accidents are known as underride accidents. And when they happen, the injuries sustained by the driver or passengers in the vehicle trapped underneath the tractor-trailer can often be severe. Fatalities are common. That's why it's critical that injury victims and their families talk to a lawyer as soon as possible after their crash.
Our Atlanta underride accident attorneys know what you're going through. That's because we have dealt with many serious truck accidents throughout Georgia at Gary Martin Hays & Associates. We understand how the legal system works and know what to do to build a strong legal case.
Why underride truck accidents happen
Underride truck accidents happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- A tractor-trailer stops suddenly, causing a car to ram into the back of the truck.
- A tractor-trailer's brake lights aren't working, resulting in the car behind not being aware that the truck is slowing down.
- Poor truck maintenance, including mechanical problems with the truck.
- Underride guards (designed to prevent underride accident) were not properly installed, not maintained or not installed at all.
- Hazardous weather conditions cause a vehicle to lose traction or spin out of control and slide under the trailer.
- Underride truck accidents happen for many other reasons. Whatever the cause of your crash, we're here for you every step of the way.
How our law firm can help you
Evidence builds strong legal cases. Without the facts, it's impossible to obtain the financial compensation you need and deserve after a serious underride truck accident. Insurance companies and trucking companies know this. That's why they get right to work after a crash, in search of information to support their claim - and often to avoid having to pay you.
They don't intimidate us. We know what to look for, what questions to ask and how to compile such information into a strong, compelling case. We also know how to negotiate with insurance companies and anyone else who stands in your way for justice. And if they refuse to cooperate, we're prepared to take them to court.
We mean business at the Law Offices of Gary Martin Hays & Associates, P.C. Find out how we can help you after your underride accident. Contact us right now and schedule your free case evaluation. Call 1-800-898-HAYS.