Get Your Georgia Accident Report
When a police officer investigates a wreck in Georgia, they fill out a car accident report. To protect your legal rights after your crash, it’s important that you get your own copy of the report, since it’s a critical piece of evidence in your claim.
You can skip the hassle entirely by reaching out to Gary Martin Hays & Associates. You’ll get a fast, free consultation with an experienced attorney, and we’ll handle the request for the accident report. We can also notify the insurance company about the accident on your behalf. Call us at (770) 934-8000 or contact us online.
Acquiring your report through BuyCrash
In Georgia, you can get a copy of your report through a website called BuyCrash. When you arrive at the website:
- Select Georgia from the drop-down menu and click the Search button.
- Enter the last name of the party involved in the wreck and the date the wreck occurred.
- Enter one of the following:
- The vehicle identification number (VIN), a 17-digit code that can be found on the outer dashboard, where the corner meets the windshield, or the back post of the driver’s side door where it latches closed. The VIN can also be found on the insurance card or policy, or on the title and registration.
- The report number or local code generated by the investigating officer’s agency. The investigating officer at the scene typically provides a receipt that contains this number, or you can contact the investigating agency’s traffic division.
- The driver’s license number of the involved party. On Georgia driver’s licenses, this number is located on the front of the license card, near the bottom.
- Continue to follow the prompts on the BuyCrash website.
Other ways to get your accident report
You can also request the accident report directly from the traffic division of the law enforcement agency that investigated the wreck, whether that’s the Georgia State Patrol or a local police force. There may be a small administrative fee to acquire your crash report this way. Or you may be able to get a free copy of the accident report from the claims representative of your insurance company, if they’ve requested one for themselves.
If you need more help finding your crash report, or any other answers about your accident and your legal rights, we’ve got you covered. Contact Gary Martin Hays & Associates at (770) 934-8000 or online.