Here are some very important things to ask and consider BEFORE you hire an attorney.
What To Ask Before Hiring An Attorney
(1) Is the attorney you see in the ads or hear on the radio even licensed to practice law in Georgia?
Believe it or not, some of the attorneys that you see or hear DO NOT have a license to practice law in Georgia. Of course they don't say it in the ad, but you have to read the "fine print" at the bottom to discover this fact.
So they will tell you they are "working for the citizens of Georgia," but they aren't even licensed to practice law here - and some don't even live here.
(2) Will you actually get to meet with the attorney in the ad or named in the law firm?
If you've been injured in a wreck or hurt at work, the effects of this incident can be devastating. And I know you have a lot of questions:
- Who will pay for your medical bills?
- What about your lost wages?
- Or problems getting your car repaired?
- And what happens if you don't have health insurance? Or even if you do have health insurance, what about the deductibles and co-pays? Do you have the money to pay for those costs?
You should be able to meet with the attorney that is making you all these promises.
(3) Have they been recognized as an expert by other lawyers?
Gary Martin Hays was selected a "Super Lawyer" - an honor voted on by other lawyers - and he has been recognized in Atlanta Magazine for several years.
(4) Does this lawyer train other lawyers?
Gary Martin Hays has been teaching other lawyers how my law firm handles personal injury and workers' compensation cases.
And has written TWO #1 best-selling books -
- The Authority on Personal Injury Claims in Georgia; and
- The Authority on Workers' Compensation Claims in Georgia.
And by the way - he used to represent insurance companies!
Gary worked for a law firm that Defended the people out there causing the wrecks and their insurance companies.
Now, he only works for injured victims and their families.
Bottom line - you have way too much on the line - way too much to risk to hire an attorney that you will never meet, an attorney that isn't licensed to practice law here in Georgia, or an attorney that doesn't even live here.
When You Hire Gary Martin Hays
- "Meet With Gary" guarantee.
You are hiring the Law Offices of Gary Martin Hays & Associates to represent you and you have every right to meet with Gary about your case!
We promise to meet with you at our offices to discuss the facts of your case, tell you your rights and the insurance company's responsibilities, and to lay out a course we should take for your claim.
Will any of these other law firms you see on TV or heard on radio give you that guarantee - where you get to meet the attorney who appears in the ad or whose name is mentioned on the radio?
And if they won't give you that guarantee - ask them why not?
This case is so important to you - and it should be important enough for that lawyer to meet with you.
You have one shot at justice - one chance to make sure you are protected - and you get all the cash and benefits that you deserve.
Do you want to risk everything with an out of state attorney or one you will never even meet?
Don't navigate this difficult time alone, fill out our free case evaluation.
How do I find the best lawyer?
What is the process of filing a claim from start to finish?