Gwinnett County is the fastest growing in metro Atlanta and currently is the second most populated county in the state with 877,222 residents.
With rapid growth in population, there’s also more traffic and, unfortunately, more car wrecks.
Recent data, according to the Governor’s Office of Highway Safety, shows that in 2014 there were 36,094 total crashes, with 11,081 injuries and 55 deaths. In 2015, according to stats provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 32 deaths.
From 2011 to 2015, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration discovered that 43 fatal deaths in Gwinnett County resulted from motorcycle crashes.
Here are some facts you need to know about motorcycle accidents:
- Motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to experience a deadly accident on the road than those in passenger cars.
- Over 80 percent of all reported motorcycle accidents resulted in injury or death to the motorcyclist.
With staggering statistics like this, how do you protect yourself from a motorcycle accident?
- Perform a Bike Safety Check BEFORE you ride!
- Follow the speed limit!
- Wear a quality protective helmet.
- Keep your headlight on at all times.
- Wear high visibility, protective clothing.
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Gwinnett County, fill out our free case evaluation.
How much is my motorcycle accident case worth?