Fulton County is seeing an increase of motorcycle accidents over the years.
Recent data, according to the Governor's Office Highway Safety shows that in 2014 there were 55,833 total crashes, with 14,373 injuries and 77 deaths. In 2015, according to stats provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 104 deaths.
Among the factors for fatal accidents in Fulton County is motorcycle accidents.
From 2011 to 2015, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration discovered that 52 fatal deaths in Fulton County resulted from motorcycle accidents.
Here are some facts you need to know about motorcycle accidents:
- Motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to experience a deadly accident on the road than those in passenger cars.
- Over 80 percent of all reported motorcycle accidents resulted in injury or death to the motorcyclist.
With staggering statistics like this, how do you protect yourself from a motorcycle accident?
- Perform a Bike Safety Check BEFORE you ride!
- Follow the speed limit!
- Wear a quality protective helmet.
- From 2011, to 2015, the NHTSA reported four people died from not wearing their protective helmet.
- Keep your headlight on at all times.
- Wear high visibility, protective clothing.
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Fulton County, fill out our free case evaluation.
How much is my motorcycle accident case worth?