Cobb County is seeing an increase of motorcycle accidents over the years. Recent data, according to the Governor's Office of Highway Safety, shows that in 2014 there were 26,921 total crashes, with 8,642 injuries and 49 deaths. Among the factors for fatality crashes were motorcycle accidents. From 2011 to 2015, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration discovered that 24 fatal deaths in Cobb County resulted from motorcycle accidents.
Here are some facts you need to know about motorcycle accidents:
- Motorcyclists are 35 times more likely to experience a deadly accident on the road than those in passenger cars.
- Over 80 percent of all reported motorcycle accidents resulted in injury or death to the motorcyclist.
With staggering statistics like this, how do you protect yourself from a motorcycle accident?
- Perform a Bike Safety Check BEFORE you ride!
- Follow the speed limit!
- Wear a quality protective helmet.
- Keep your headlight on at all times.
- Wear high visibility, protective clothing.
If you have been hurt in a motorcycle accident in Cobb County, fill out our free case evaluation.