If you've been hurt in a car accident or injured on the job, your world has been turned upside down. Few people other than those who have suffered something similar have no idea the pain and the hassles you are facing right now.
It can be overwhelming. And if you are here, it means you’re wondering: Do I need an attorney, and if so, who should I hire?
Without a doubt, the answer to the first part is yes! Having interacted with the insurance companies for years, we can confirm that their adjusters and lawyers are not looking after your best interests — only theirs.
Time is of the essence. Don’t wait too long to consult an attorney. You could inadvertently sign away your right to file a claim, or the insurance company could become skeptical that you are actually injured.
Here is how a good personal injury lawyer can help you:
- They know all of the statutes of limitation and deadlines. For personal injury claims, the statute of limitation extends to two years from the date of the accident. But the truth is the sooner you file a claim, the more likely your case will succeed. Attorneys know this, and that is why they encourage injured victims to seek legal representation quickly.
- Personal injury law is complex and time-consuming. Filing a claim is not enough; there are medical bills to interpret, insurance adjusters to talk to, and a hundred important paperwork deadlines. Most people do not have the time, patience, or expertise to handle all of this alone, especially if they are in pain. A personal injury attorney does.
- They know independent experts. An attorney is often well-connected. They have fostered professional relationships with people experienced in other fields. Need an orthopedic surgical consult? They have doctors they can immediately recommend. A lawyer can easily get their clients in touch with insurance appraisers, collision repair shops, physical therapists, medical consultants to interpret health information, accident reconstructionists, etc.
- Reputation and integrity matter when dealing with the insurance company. To the insurance company, you are just one of many case files and numbers. However, when a reputable law firm is backing your claim and pushing for a response, they take your case more seriously. They also trust attorneys to tell the truth because honesty is good for business.
- You get more money by hiring an attorney. Filing a claim through a personal injury law firm has been proven to earn clients significantly more money than if they tried to settle their cases on their own. Medical bills after a crash or devastating accident are often more expensive than some people realize. That small settlement check insurance companies try to immediately offer is not going to be enough to cover future medical care. Personal injury attorneys know how to negotiate for higher settlements so that all of your medical and auto repair bills are covered. Sometimes, there is enough left over to support you and your family.
Need a Personal Injury Lawyer?
Look no further; hire us to protect your rights. Gary Martin Hays & Associates works exclusively for injured victims and their families. There is nothing the insurance company can do to take us by surprise. We know their strategies, so we can stop them from taking advantage of you.
Even if you cannot physically meet us at our office, that is alright. We offer free consultations and online meetings to discuss your personal injury claim.
If you are worried about the cost of hiring an attorney, don’t be. We work cases on a contingency basis and offer our clients our zero-fee guarantee. Under this agreement, we do not get paid unless we recover a settlement for you.
To us, you are not just a file. We know what you are going through, we know what your family is going through, and we care about you as a person above and beyond the legal aspect of your claim. This is why so many of our clients recommend our services to their family or friends who have also been hurt in a crash or at work. They know we will take care of them, and we will take care of you, too.
Contact us ASAP to get started on your case so you can have peace of mind while you get the proper medical treatment you need.