Workers’ Compensation Lawyer in Atlanta
We serve those seeking workers’ compensation benefits in Georgia
At Gary Martin Hays & Associates, we understand how to fight insurance companies that try to take advantage of employees seeking workers’ comp. From filing a workers compensation claim to finding a doctor, we help injured workers navigate the complicated workers compensation insurance claim process. We prepare every case as if we’re going to trial – and have no hesitation to do so if needed – in pursuit of the compensation you rightfully deserve.
If you have questions, we’re ready to answer them—and we’re fully ready to take aggressive action on your behalf. Remember, you don’t pay us unless you win. Contact a determined Georgia workers’ compensation lawyer at 1-800-898-HAYS today. Understanding Georgia’s workers’ compensation laws will help you realize the value of effective legal representation. You do have the right to consult an attorney even if an employer’s insurance carrier says your injury did not occur at work and denies you have a claim.
Attorneys experienced in workers’ compensation cases
The law firm of Gary Martin Hays & Associates has handled all types of claims on behalf of injured workers, so we know how construction accidents or work-related back injuries can turn your life upside-down. We can help you file your workers’ compensation claim in a manner that puts the facts and the law squarely on your side. In our years of experience, we have become familiar with the tactics employers and their insurance companies will use to deny claims submitted by injured workers. Reasons for rejecting claims include:
- Employer and insurance carrier claims that the injury is not serious.
- Employee is accused of faking an injury.
- Employee is told he cannot select his own doctor for a second opinion.
- Employers discourage workers from consulting a workers’ compensation lawyer, suggesting it would lead to a denial of benefits.
We work with doctors and insurance companies to obtain our clients’ benefits in a timely and efficient manner. When we handle workers’ compensation cases, we pursue all the benefits our clients are entitled to under Georgia law.
Facts about Georgia workers’ compensation law:
- Georgia employers with three or more employees are required to carry insurance that covers your medical bills and a percentage of your wages when a workplace accident or injury leaves you unable to work.
- The spouse or dependent children (if no spouse) are entitled to compensation if a worker is killed in a workplace accident.
Some workplace injuries involve a third-party claim if someone besides your employer created the workplace hazard (such as a sub-contractor on a construction site, a maintenance contractor at a factory, etc.). Regardless of how your workplace injury occurred, we are ready to meet with you and discuss your options. Let us answer your questions.