Trust our truck accident attorneys
Jackknife truck accidents in Georgia can be devastating. These crashes involve the trailer part of a tractor-trailer folding in on itself, trapping a vehicle between the trailer and truck cab. Often, these accidents happen on highways at high speeds. As a result, serious injuries or fatalities often occur when jackknife accidents happen on busy highways like I-20, I-75 or I-85 in Atlanta.
Knowing what to do after this type of truck accident can be confusing. Even knowing what your rights are as an injury victim or surviving family member might not be clear. That’s why it’s important to talk to an attorney as soon as possible to learn more about your legal options.
At Gary Martin Hays & Associates, we can walk you through various approaches for addressing your legal concerns after your accident. Our experienced Atlanta jackknife accident attorneys know how the system works in Georgia and we want to put our knowledge to work for you.
Common causes of jackknife truck accidents
Jackknife truck accidents happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- A truck driver speeding, especially around sharp corners. When the driver applies the brakes, the tractor-trailer skids out of control and jackknifes.
- A truck driver stops too late, causing the truck to skid and jackknife.
- A distracted truck driver loses control of the tractor-trailer.
- A truck driver falls asleep at the wheel, resulting in a jackknife truck accident.
- A poorly maintained truck (including defective brakes) veers out of control and jackknifes.
- An improperly loaded truck rolls over and jackknifes.
Whatever the cause of your crash, no matter how straightforward or complicated it might seem, we’re here to help you get your life back on track.
You have rights after your accident
Jackknife truck accidents can be especially complicated because there are often so many different people involved in such cases – the truck driver, trucking company, insurance company and sometimes even the company that loaded the truck or manufactured the products being transported.
Taking on all these people on your own can be overwhelming, especially if it’s your first time dealing with a serious truck accident. Our Atlanta attorneys can help you every step of the way. We know how to investigate crashes and effectively deal with trucking companies, insurance providers and their attorneys. And if they refused to cooperate, we’ll take them to court.