Gainesville, GA Personal Injury Attorneys You Can Trust
We can help you demand the compensation you rightfully deserve
Have you been hurt in an accident caused by someone else in Gainesville, Georgia? If so, you may be dealing with a personal injury case.
Knowing what to do afterwards can be confusing. Even knowing what your rights are might not be clear. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to someone who knows the law and understands how the legal system works in Hall County.
Our legal team at the Law Offices of Gary Martin Hays & Associates, P.C. in Gainesville can help you every step of the way. Our Gainesville personal injury attorneys have years of experience dealing with complicated cases.
We know how to investigate them. We understand what strategies often work best. That’s why we have such a strong track record of success. In case after case, we consistently obtain sizable personal injury settlements and verdicts for injury victims and their families.
So, whether you’re dealing with a spinal cord injury sustained near Longwood Park, a traumatic brain injury near the Elachee Nature Science Center, or another type of serious injury, you can count on us when it matters most in Gainesville.
What is a personal injury?
A “personal injury” is a legal term that refers to a wide range of injuries in which someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior caused the accident. These accidents can cover a wide range.
In Gainesville, some of the most common – and most serious – personal injuries involve:
- Boating accidents, including ones at popular places like Lake Lanier
- Product liability claims, including injuries caused by dangerous products
- Swimming pool injuries due to neglect, especially if it’s a public pool without a lifeguard
- Slip and falls, especially in restaurants, stores, or bars in downtown Gainesville
- Nursing home abuse or neglect of a loved one
- Dog bites or attacks, especially involving children
Is this what happened to you or a loved one? Or are you dealing with a different situation? Whatever the circumstances of your personal injury, make sure you take it seriously right from the start. Seek immediate medical attention, then talk to a lawyer to learn more about all your legal options.
How much is my case worth?
There is no set dollar amount when it comes to how much money you should receive for your personal injury expenses. The bottom line is you should be compensated for all your expenses. Someone else caused your injury. You shouldn’t have to pay for their mistakes.
It’s also important to understand that you will likely only be compensated one time for all your expenses. This includes the cost of medical care and other bills immediately afterwards and years from now, as well. These expenses can include:
- Surgical procedures
- Physical therapy
- In-home medical care
- Replacement income during your recovery
- Lost future income if you cannot return to work
- Pain and suffering in certain circumstances
Your family might also be eligible for financial compensation if a loved one died in a fatal accident. That’s why it’s important to learn more about your legal rights and discuss your potential case with a lawyer who knows the law.
Can I file a lawsuit?
Depending on the circumstances of your injury, you may be able to obtain compensation by filing a personal injury lawsuit against the at-fault party. The key to these cases often involves proving the at-fault party was liable for your injury.
The at-fault party in these cases can cover a wide range, including:
- The person who directly caused your injury
- The business owner where your injury occurred, especially in cases involving negligent security
- The at-fault party’s insurance company, especially if they deny your injury claim
It’s also important to understand that you only have a limited amount of time to file a lawsuit or take other legal action against the at-fault party. This legal deadline is referred to as the statute of limitations.
In Georgia, that deadline is generally two years from the date of your injury, although different deadlines can apply in some situations. If you miss a deadline, you miss your one opportunity to demand the compensation you deserve.
Why should I hire a Gainesville personal injury lawyer?
Being injured in an accident caused by someone else’s reckless or negligent behavior in Gainesville, Georgia can be a traumatic event. You have suffered enough – physically, emotionally, and financially.
By having an attorney on your side, you can take a stand and make sure your injury receives the attention you rightfully deserve. Your lawyer can:
- Conduct an in-depth investigation into exactly what happened
- Consult with experts (accident reconstruction, medical experts, etc.) if necessary
- Deal directly with the at-fault party on your behalf
- Negotiate a settlement offer with the at-fault party’s insurance company
- Take legal action if necessary, including filing a personal injury lawsuit
- Represent you in court if your case goes to trial
Experience matters when it comes to choosing a lawyer. Make sure you have an attorney on your side with the knowledge and the dedication you need to win your case. Make sure you have Gary Martin Hays & Associates on your side.