If you live in or around Fulton County or even drive through the county during your commute, then you know traffic can be intense.
Fulton County has the largest population out of any other county in Georgia with an estimated 1.1 million residents. With that large of a population, there is also more traffic and, unfortunately, more car wrecks. All the major roadways in Atlanta pass through Fulton County.
So, where are the most dangerous intersections located? Let’s list the top five:
- The number one deadliest intersection in Fulton County happens to be in front of North Fulton Hospital at Hembree Road and Alpharetta Highway. Dangerous intersections aren’t just on busy roadways like interstates — they’re in our backyards or in suburban areas.
- Which leads us to number two – Flat Shoals Road at Old National Highway.
- Number three – Butner Road at Camp Creek Parkway.
- Number four – Butner Road at Campbellton Fairburn Road. Recently, a terrible fatality took place at this intersection where five teenagers were killed when their car collided with a tractor-trailer.
- And number five is Cascade Road at Fulton Industrial Boulevard.
So, why are these intersections seeing such a high volume of wrecks in Fulton? Well, the Atlanta Regional Commission, which studies traffic patterns, suggested that individuals driving in the suburbs are generally moving faster than in the congested streets of downtown Atlanta and therefore are more prone to collisions.
In 2014, Fulton County saw 55,833 crashes on its roadways. And in 2015, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that there were 104 deaths from car accidents in Fulton County. The third leading cause of those accidents: speeding.
Now, high speeds make a car accident far more likely because it takes a longer distance to stop or to slow down. They also make collisions deadlier because crash energy increases as your speed goes up. Speeding kills and we have to combat these startling statistics with safety on our roadways.
Here are a few tips to ensure your safety on the road:
- Drive defensively. Always be aware of your surroundings. This helps you react quickly to potential problems.
- Wear your seatbelt.
- Don’t drink and drive. Just one drink greatly increases your chances of being in an automobile accident.
- Don’t text and drive. Taking your eyes off the road for even a few seconds can be deadly. Put away all distractions while driving.
- Don’t speed. Posted speed limits apply to all drivers and they’re there for your safety. Obeying the speed limit can save not only your life but someone else’s.
- Share the road. Avoid aggression and inattentive driving tendencies. Don’t buy into road rage. Be courteous.
Atlanta Car Accident Attorney
Now, if you’ve been involved in an accident, if you’ve suffered injuries before in a car wreck, I know you have a lot of worries. You have a lot of questions: Who’s going to pay your hospital bills? Who’s going to pay for your continuing medical treatment? What about your lost wages? Your pain and suffering?
If you have questions about a potential claim then please give us a call. You have absolutely nothing to lose by calling but think of all you could lose if you don’t.
Just pick up the phone right now and give us a call at 1-800-WIN-WIN1. The consultation is free, it’s completely confidential, and there are no obligations whatsoever.
You can also visit the main page of our website GaryMartinHays.com. It’s loaded with information about personal injury claims so you can learn more about your rights and how our law firm can help.