A Gwinnett County woman lost her life after being hit by a driver allegedly under the influence of drugs and alcohol.
These are difficult situations to accept because these are preventable accidents.
Here’s a sobering statistic: every two minutes a person is injured in a drunk driving accident.
If someone calls my office because they were injured by a drunk driver, we pursue two things – compensation and punishment.
Compensation would include:
- Payment for medical bills
- Lost wages
- Money for pain and suffering.
And the punishment we seek is in the form of punitive damages.
These are damages designed to PUNISH a driver for their bad conduct and to DETER them from repeating it.
When we investigate the cases, we ask:
- Was the drunk driver operating their own vehicle or someone else’s?
- Was the drunk driver known to be habitually reckless and dangerous because of past DUI’s or dangerous driving behaviors?
- Where did the driver consume the alcohol? A bar, restaurant or individual that served the alcohol could also be liable.
To learn more about your rights, fill out our FREE CASE EVALUATION.
Personal Injury: Seriously Injured In A DUI Crash?
Drunk Driving: Have You Been Injured By A Drunk Driver?